Saturday, April 14, 2012

Timeout

I'm in a timeout.

A Pause.

A Rest

A Caesura 

I'm on Short Term Disability until Tuesday.

My days are peace filled and quiet. I'm just watching spring flourish everyday here in Mount LA-LA. The cherry trees are flowering, the Magnolia is growing leaves and the grass is growing so fast I can almost hear it.

I was surprisingly tired the first few days of last week. I still have the Double -J Ranch/Stent in between my bladder and kidney which makes for fun after drinking large amounts of water and I still have the staples in my leg but other that that you might say "You look great".

And people do say that. "You look great" is what my neighbor said after she knocked on the door and told me the dog had escaped and I told her the whole tale of the previous week.

It's just me and Shadow all day long and she is still giving me the silent treatment after years of leaving her alone after I left for work.

The Chancellor and I have had a role reversal of sorts. She was given work hours in abundance this last week into next and so she is one setting the alarm, getting up and rushing out the door. I wait at home and when the time is right, I make dinner.

I'm usually the one rushing out and home in time for dinner.

Last night I made dinner and then waited for her to come down. I almost felt like a house wife waiting there, thinking "where is she and doesn't understand that I went through a lot of trouble to make dinner" while she did what ever upstairs.

The shoe is on the other foot.

I always thought that if I had a lot of time off that I would get "a lot done". Not true. I did finally hang that under counter LED light in the kitchen where the wire stuck out of the wall for 6 months and I got a hair cut but really, I have long list of things to do. The day just evaporates. Before you know it, it's 4 PM.

If you are in the neighborhood, stop by.

No comments: