Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well, it's official. I need to stay away from the Linc for Eagles games. If I go, they lose. Period.

I've now been to three games this year thanks to Mr C: Vs Greenbay (L 27-20), Vs McNabb and the Redskins (L 17-12) and now last night vs the Vikings (L 24-14).

The only other losses were away. Those were not my fault because I wasn't there.

Last night was brutal but not as bad as sitting watching that crap in a blizzard. One Philly sports writer had it right when He said that the Eagles didn't show Sunday AND Tuesday.

So I'm done. I'm officially just watching from home from here on out.

Christmas was fine and we turned a corner for the kids and Christmas. Youngest son officially did not want any Video Games for the first time and therefore his presents moved officially into "adult" gifts. Mostly clothes. His remark on opening gifts? "I should have done this last year".

The Chancellor was pleased with her assortment of gifts. If there is one piece of advice I could give to the newly married man it would be: "Serial gifts". Buy something that you add to every year. Christmas plates, Charmalia bracelets. It's genius.

Oldest son got what every college student spending a semester in Italy needs: Money. By the way, when did a European or Oriental vacation become part of the expected "college experience"?

We never got a Christmas Tree. It never happened. Oh we planned it a lot and we meant to but we never quite got around to it and you know what? The Earth did not plummet into the sun and the global economy did not collapse.

We were frozen in indecision. I thought it was time to transition to the fake tree and The Chancellor still wanted a real one. And so it went for days. Fake One. Real One. Fake One, Real One. The next thing we knew it was Christmas eve.

The closest we ever got to getting a tree was 3:45 on the Sunday before Christmas. Eagles down, 31-10 to the Giants and I was ready to give it up. I said let's go get a tree and the Chancellor convinced me to stay. I was glad she did of course but that meant no tree, an exchange I was more than happy to make.

We never did Christmas Cards either. Again, we are all still here. To our friends and family: I'm sorry. Maybe next year. We loved getting yours.

And so another year ends. I hope to update this more frequently in the new year. I promise.

No comments: