Saturday, March 20, 2010

25 points

Yesterday at lunch my old Weight Watchers instructor serendipitously sat near me at the Marathon Grill in center city Philly. It's been 3 months since I stopped the program but I am still sort of watching what I am eating. I'm not sure why but I was very self conscience about what I was having with her sitting across from me. I was glad I ordered the special, a grilled chicken thing with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. What do I care what what she thinks?

Well, I was self conscience until her order arrived. Fries. She had Freakking fries. Are you kidding me? Fries and thick white bread Italian style roll for her sandwich. It had to be a 25 point meal.

Later, Chancellor texted me and declared that we were going to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. I headed home with visions of fried things in my head but it was not to be. She had Mexican on her mind by time I got home. Youngest Son was around  too and he decided to honor us with his presence in public. So off we went to a locally owned and operated Mexican place near us named, of course, wait for it.... El Aztec. Because when I think of Tacos,  I think of conquering Mexican Indian tribes.

It wasn't bad and reminded me that I really need to stay out of the plastic, sterile chain places and explore good local meals in smaller places.

It also reminded me of place in Devon that was around when I was dating the Chancellor. It was right on Rt 30 across from DQ and served the best Enchiladas I have ever had. It's gone now of course and I can't recall the name. Again, non-chain and it was a real hole in the wall - kind of like Mexican take out but the best Enchiladas ever.

My NCAA bracket is dead already, too heavily invested in the Big East which got simply clobbered in the first and second round. Crazy year, lots of upsets and none of them the ones I picked.

The weather has been just beautiful this week with a large High enveloping the NJ area. It was so big that at night the weather station measured no wind on most nights this week and I thought there was something wrong with it. I spent a lot of time researching why it had the "-1.00000" for the wind direction almost every night this week only to find out that it is supposed to do that when there isn't any wind.

Oh.

2 comments:

hung/over/celebrity said...

things we need to eat in essex co.
stony's (best burgers around)
el toro loco (s.o mexican)

suburbanstories said...

I also want to go to Holsten's Brookdale Confectionery in Bloomfield