Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Chancelor.

This morning while eating breakfast and reading the newspaper, my wife saw the word "Chancellor" in the paper and declared that she would like to be Chancellor.

So I made her Chancellor. Of the Family.

I'm not sure what the roles and responsibilities of the Chancellor are yet but I'm leaning towards foreign relations. She can deal with her brothers family while I deal with the more pressing issues of health care and the economy. Actually, health care and the economy already fall under the Chancellor as well. I'll just preside over the whole affair.

And what would a Chancellorship be without a Chancellery? Our bedroom is now the Chancellery.

I'm also thinking that just plain Chancellor is not enough. The title needs further clarification like Chancellor of the Exchequer. I'm thinking "Chancellor of the Cul-de-sac" has a continental sound to it.

And a hat. A Chancellor definitely needs a large ostentatious hat of some kind to differentiate her from the commoners. After all you would expect that strangers should be able to pick out the Chancellor easily if say we were all together at the mall or something.

Clearly, the one in the large pointy hat is the Chancellor.

A crest or plaque may have go with the position. I'll have to integrate a Cul-de-sac into the crest.

Please congratulate her if you see her.

No comments: