Friday, July 03, 2009

A sure sign of the recession

If Mount La-La had a center of town it would be the street where the post office, police station and library are. We broke off from another township in the 19th century and they got the "town" part. We got farms.

I guess that's why we don't have 4th of July and Memorial day parades. We have no where to host them.

However, this does not prevent us from showing our patriotism. The township usually plans small US flags along the drive between all the aforementioned civic buildings. Lots of little flags.

Well this year the recession must have hit the flag budget. There were still flags but it was sad sight to see so few of them spaced far apart. I must get a picture.

Like I have room to talk. I haven't even put up my US flag out front or the bunting.

It's been a quiet day so far. My wife is working a double and I spent the morning walking the dogs and doing lawn work.

Tomorrow we are planning to do the free Cooper River concert and fireworks thing with Foghat and The Marchall Tucker Band.

No comments: