Thursday, May 28, 2009

WWOOF - extended farm stay.

The morning started off with a very early morning "tweet" from oldest son:

Today will be the most interesting day in a while. Meeting @tylerroberts in Montagnana.

Tyler Roberts has been wandering across Europe since before Oldest Son left. He may or may not be with a girl known as "ang" as in Angie. Angie panicked and did not leave on time with Tyler Roberts, but I digress.

Tyler Roberts took the photo to the left here. Please note oldest son's "farmer tan" and I think he is wearing one of my shirts. The Photo has a Bruce Springsteen "Darkness on the Edge of town" feel to it. He just needs a black leather jacket.

So he had the day off and this should have started his "vacation" period. My wife caught up to him while he was catching a train and we learned:

1. He was not present when they slaughtered the cow.

2. The cow was a calf. Which makes sense since the parable of the prodigal son has a fattened calf not a cow.

3. They need help on the farm so he is going back to work this weekend but not hard labor. They have 500 people coming this weekend and need the help.

4. How this fits in I'll never know, but on Sunday on the street with the farm, they are having the worlds largest panini. No, as a matter of fact, I do not know how they are toasting it.

On Monday they are headed to Bologna and on Tuesday it's back to Venice.

In the mean time, I also have subscribed to Tyler Roberts "tweets" and he left an interesting one overnight:

Longest night of my trip; spent it with the homeless in downtown Milan. Saw five guys beat the shit out of a random dude. Missed my flight.

Great, my worst nightmare come to life. Out with the homeless of Milan.

He sounded upbeat. His friends Pat and James did not go with him to meet Tyler, they stayed on the farm to sleep in. I should hear more tomorrow.

No comments: