Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random Things about me, Abraham Lincoln

To: Ulysses S. Grant, Mary Todd Lincoln, Robert Todd Lincoln, John T. Stuart, Henry Clay, Zachary Taylor, William H. Seward, Salmon P. Chase, General McClellan, General Sherman, Andrew Johnson, Hannibal Hamlin, Edwin M. Stanton

Rules: Once you've been tagged, write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.



1. You know the expression the ladies whisper about men with big hats? It's true.

2. I never really felt like Illinois was my home. I just kinda moved there like Hillary moved to New York to get on the ballot . I was a Kentucky boy and as far as I am concerned, you can call it the "Land of Bogdanovich".

3. I like saying "Bogdanovich". "Bogdanovich". "Bogdanovich". "Bogdanovich".

4. My Father-in-law is a slave owner. You can just imagine how every Thanksgiving went. "Abe, you have any idea how much that Emancipation thing cost me? You're killing me!"

5. I have never owned or sat in a big James T Kirk chair like one at the Memorial.

6. I can do a mean Stephen Foster impression.

7. I have endured a great deal of ridicule without much malice, and have received a great deal of kindness not quite free from ridicule. Just kidding.

8. Beside the obvious colloquial meaning about being with the ladies, I have no idea what a "score" is either. I think it's like a fortnight, only longer.

9. I enjoy tennis, snorkeling and moonlit walks on the beach.

10. I really don't get the TV show "Lost". A tropical island with Polar Bears? Come on.

11. When ever Mathew Brady takes my photograph He tries to make me laugh with his fashion photographer impression: "OK Now you are a leopard, A jungle leopard, stalking your prey, let me hear you ROOOOOAR ABE!". It takes everything I have to keep a straight face.

12. I collect snow globes.

13. I am deathly afraid of spiders and clowns. I can't go to the circus and Mary Todd has to catch and release spiders I find in the White House.

14. I was almost in a dual.

15. When I was 7 I shot a turkey. This swore me off hunting game for life.

16. Me and the boys in the Cabinet have a tight Franz Listz cover band.

17. Millard Fillmore's story about the fish and the mango cracks me up. He is much funnier that he looks.

18. Me? Not honest. When I was 10 I chopped down my father's cherry tree. True story. When he asked me if I did it, I lied. Washington is a dope.

19. Speaking of Washington, do you have any idea what it's like to be in his shadow all the time? I lived in WASHINGTON DC, He's on the dollar, the Quarter. He's like everywhere.

20. If Al Gore invented the Internet, I invented TV.

21. I have no idea what the Whig party is about either. I think Henry Clay was the only one that knew and he isn't talking.

22. I've never been on a ship or out of the US.

23. I was a US President and never spent the night in New Jersey. Couldn't stand the place. Mary Todd loved the shore but I actually hated New Jersey.

24. I can cook like a madman. My favorite is Italian. When Mary Todd is out of town I cook massive amounts of food.

25. I'm a hugger.

No comments: