Monday, November 05, 2007

Root Canal.

I had root canal today. This was a completely unplanned event and I was happy to have a stranger, a endodontist, drill my teeth with something reserved for a Nazi torture session. And I was truly happy he was doing it.

Last Thursday during dinner a tooth started "acting up". I took an Advil. On Friday the pain was still there but it wasn't overwhelming. By Friday night I knew I had a problem and tried calling my dentist.

Saturday I woke up looking like a Chipmunk but only on one side of my face. I was in pain. My wife convinced me to go to the Emergency Room. Let me say that again. I needed to be convinced to get medical attention even though my face was swollen and mouth was killing me.

I went to the ER in hospital where she works. I was a VIP. I'm still not sure what that means. I got a strong antibiotic and Vicodin.

The Vicodin was useful for the toothache and for the Eagles game Sunday night. I still have some for those of you that want to continue to watch the Eagles self destruct.

Today, now, I am feeling much better.

No comments: