Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Snippets of My Life These days.

One.
Last night i fell asleep early while madness was still going on in my home. My sister-in-law and nephew were visiting and the boys had some friends over for the night. At about 11 I was woken by my wife gently nudging me and asking:

"Honey, is it OK for the kids to have candles lit in shed?"

At first I was still asleep and it wasn't really registering.

"You mean where I keep two gas cans and the lawnmower?"

Ahh, no. Open flames would be a bad thing.

Everyone was safely evacuated from the shed where they had decided it would be cool to play dungeons and dragons by candle light.

Two.
Youngest son ruined his cell phone in a spectacular end over end flip that landed in his iced tea. He couldn't do it twice if he tried. At first the phone worked fine except the "8" was a little sticky and then the thing died outright. Now we have 4 people and three phones.

Now we are scrambling for phones and his Mom has been home for the past few days and did not need hers so we swapped his sim card into hers. Did you ever see that episode of Gilligan's Island where the seven castaways swapped bodies? When I call him, Frank Sinatra's "Summer Wind" plays and the default ring tone is "(Night Time is) The Right Time" by Ray Charles. It ain't right.

One of the back up phones is an old Blackberry that neither he nor his Mother want. It's more blue than black so really its a Blueberry . They hate it.

He asks me if he has to wear a belt to carry it. I told him yes and a pair of khakis, a button down shirt and loafers.

Three.
While my sister-in-law was here she brought her new 16 week old Jack Russel terrier. We already have two schnauzers, one male and one female. For the first day it was like being at Michael Vick's for a day as our male defended his home turf.

Four.
In honor of Bruce Springsteen's new album due out on October 2nd, here is the Bruce Matching game. Match the girl and the song:

1. Mary A. 4th of July, Asbury Park
2. Wendy B. Thunder Road
3. Sandy C. Born to Run
4. Mary (Again) D. The River
5. Mary (yet again) E. Mary's Place

No comments: