Friday, July 13, 2007

Swedish Fish

OK Some mornings are different than others.

This morning, as is my habit, I went out to get the newspaper and to my surprise there was a very large fish on my doorstep.

A very large stuffed animal fish was lurking outside my screen door.


I could hardly get the screen door open.

I am not making this up.

There was a large stuffed fish on my door step at 6:30 AM.

I pushed open the door and found some very strange things about the fish on my door step.

It had a boot pinned to it's behind.

Yes, a rubber boot pinned to it's behind. I am still not making this up.


The fish had two pieces of paper pinned to it's fins. The one pinned to the left fin was obviously a foreign flag of some type. The flag was blue with a yellow cross.

The other paper, pinned to the right fin, was a picture someone had printed from the Internet of a girl in some foreign traditional dress. She looked dutch.

There was another flag of the same type hand drawn in her left hand. Blue background, yellow cross. Below the girl and her flag was a hand drawn picture of plate of spaghetti and meatballs. Yes, spaghetti and meatballs.

A quick Internet search revealed the flag was Swedish.

A Swedish fish. The girl must be Swedish too.

A mystery.

Why was a giant fish on my doorstep? I know it wasn't there at 11 when I went to bed. Who on Earth was delivering such a package overnight to peoples doorstep?

Was Friday the 13th a big holiday in Sweden?

Was someone on drugs? What was going on?

I woke up Oldest Son and he disavowed any involvement in the fish caper.

I have no idea what this was about. Any guesses? Leave a comment if you think you know what this is about.

Volvo? Ikea? Abba? What was going on? Why a boot? Spaghetti?

No comments: