Monday, April 23, 2007

Unscathed

It's hard to remember after today's beautiful 80 degree weather that just a week ago we got slammed with 6 inches of rain.

We have had previous water issues and we did have an issue with the "other"pump this time, yes we have two sump pumps in the house. Jersey. Flat. High water table. Enough said.

Mrs F got up in the middle of the night because one of the dogs cowardly refused to go out in the torrential downpour to pee on the early hours of Monday morning.

She woke me up at 3 saying something about water in the crawlspace. I was half asleep and half dressed as I stumbled into the dark, dank, musty place where I heard the pump running continuously.

I spent about an hour repairing a clamp that had rusted through and decided tonight was the night to finally snap. Why is always pumps?

Anyway we are getting the back regraded so that water will run away from the house rather than down and into the pit beside the house.

No comments: