Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Greetings from Kusadasi Turkey

The Sea Diamond is docked in Kusadasi Turkey this morning until noon. Oldest Son and I took the tour of Ephesus this morning as "rubble and columns 06" continues.
 
The rest of the crew is shopping at the "Turkish Bazaar" right here at the dock.
 
Ephesus was just a little bit less of a complete archaeological sight that Pompeii but it was interesting. The front of the famous Library of Ephesus still stands but our tour group blew right through it. The did however stop for an extensive look at the ancient graffiti that pointed the way to the local brothel. This is a lot like the Pompeii experience. The tour groups focus on the titillating sometimes.
 
I paid .50 Euro to use the bathroom at Ephesus. This is the first time we actually paid to use the "WC".
 
I am going tired of wacky foreign toilets. You always have to search for some string,chain or button actuate the flush.
 
I need to get back to the ship.
 
No pictures on the from this stop because the Internet Cafe guy wanted me to buy a card reader. I should bring my USB cable next time.
 
Up next - Patmos

--
--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Mike Falciani
http://nj.falciani.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

No comments: