Saturday, May 20, 2006

D-Day - calm before the storm.

Today is the big day and I couldn't sleep past 4:30 AM when oldest Son got home from the Prom. I actually got up and turned on the pool heater. The neighbors must have thought I was nuts.

Mrs F and I had a serious discussion about when to turn the pool heater on. I wanted to do it yesterday and get a running start at actually getting the pool warm and she wanted only today. I wisely turned the heater off yesterday. It will take about 10 hours to heat 20,000 gallons of water 10 degrees. Talk about boiling the ocean. This will consume about 40 gallons of propane. Thank God we have the Money Tree.

Like I said, pool people are obsessed with temperature.

The Scout Troop must be just getting up now crawling out of tents and making coffee and breakfast before getting on the river to canoe.

The house is quiet now with only the humming of computers, air fresheners and the occasional heater coming on. Even the dogs are quiet, banished to the breeder for a day. My ears are actually ringing from the silence as years of Flight Decks and iPods will do that to you.

Soon it will be chaos with mad last minute cleaning and then a house filled with people. Music, laughter, conversation and splashing is all I want to hear today.

Pool Temperature: 70 degrees and rising
Forecast Today: A chance of sprinkles before 10am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high around 72. West wind 6 to 9 mph increasing to between 14 and 17 mph.

What does sprinkles mean?

No comments: