Thursday, April 20, 2006

Big time drug buy

When I woke up this morning my head was pounding.

I am prone to nasty sinus headaches, the kind than feel like a spike has been planted firmly between your eyes.

I went in search of my stock of generic tylenol sinus and gobbled down my last two. Ahh relief was on it's way.

I'd have to pick up some more on the way to work.

I stopped at the Rite-Aid on 16th and Chestnut in search of more relief. I scan the mile long cold/sinus/headache aisle and can't seem to find the usual magic pills. I'm search up and down what seems to be 20 feet of four high shelf space and nothing.

Finally I see at the top what appear to be coupons for the usual suspects.

What is with the coupons?

I read a label next to the coupons. "Please take to pharmacy to purchase"

Whaaaa?

I had to show a drivers license to purchase the product above.

apparently they are laced with 30 mg of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride. I searched Google for any clues about this and found nothing.

Is this a Philly thing only? Pennsylvania? Riteaid?

No comments: